|Shopping cart is empty.|
|This catalog has no sub-catalogs.|
Price: $390.00Workshop DatesQty:
This unit examines feedstuff assessment and application of quality standards for feedlot production. Whilst there are no mandatory entry requirements for this unit, it applies to personnel interested or involved in the feedlot industry. This unit may be studied individually or as part of the overall 10148NAT - Certificate IV in Feedlot Production (Feeding Management) qualification. The detail below sets out the key components studied within this unit.
- Feedstuff purchase, receival, storage and feeding
- Commodity vendor declaration
- Chemicals and residue management
- Feedstuff and ration sampling and testing
- Methods of analysis and interpretation
To assist you in deciding if you are ready for study at this level:
- Do you want to know more about the purchase and application of quality systems within a feedlot?
- Are you looking to sharpen your knowledge on feedstuff sampling and testing?
- Are you self-motivated? Do you have a range of study skills and tools to direct your study? Organising your study time, so as to prioritise your workload, will allow you to get the most out of your studies and meet your assessment deadlines.
- Study will involve a range of reading activities, calculations, written response and conducting research. This course includes practical assessment elements. You are required to have literacy and numeracy levels equivalent to a successful completion of year 10 English and Mathematics.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access seventyWest online systems and a computer with up to date software, including Microsoft office. You will also require a valid and appropriate email address and personal stationery (pen and paper).
seventyWest will provide the relevant learning resources (workbooks) for this course.
This unit is delivered in both self-paced online study or blended delivery mode (which comprises of online study and workshop format).
The duration of the training is 127 hours (typically 1.5 to 2.5 months).
Custom group training is available with delivery details negotiated with each employer.
Course AwardOn successful completion, students will be awarded a Statement of Attainment in FPMFQS404 Implement feedstuff quality systems for feedlot production